when I was a teenager, I read a story called 'salty coffe'. it was a nice story about an average biy who falls in love with a beautiful girl. he asks her out and to his surprise she says yes. on their first date, out of nervousness the boy puts salt in his coffe instead of sugar and to cover that up, he tells a story about his chilhood on the seashore. the girl falls in love with him and marries him. she makes salty coffee for him all his life. when he dies, he leaves a note behind confessing he drank salty coffee just to keep her. the last line of the story said, when someone asks me how the salty coffee tastes, I say sweet!
I loved that story. and I wanted a guy who can do that for me. then I grew up and fell in love for real. turned out salty coffee doesn't really tastes sweet...... well, rather it tastes really bad!
every story is after all just a story and it doesn't teach you things real life teaches you. my love taught me, love isn't about drinking a salty coffee for rest of your life, it's about confiding and manning up about the mistake. telling the girl that u goofed up because she is beautiful. the story told me that the love exists but my prince charming taught me, love co-exists. love is making the salty coffee sweet again and drinking it together sip by sip for the rest of your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment